Buddhism is a Pessimistic Religion




I grew up in Bodh Gaya, the holiest place of Buddhists. I always wandered around innumerable Buddhists temple of Bodh Gaya. I have great regard for teachings of Gautam Buddha. Recently, I came across a discussion where it was said that Buddhism is a pessimistic religion. I admit that I don’t have any authority over Buddhism. However, my understanding says that this is not a pessimistic religion.

I think the prime reason behind this understanding among westerners is the basic thinking of Buddhism. Gautam Buddha had said that all human being have to suffer, that there are lots of griefs in this world. If you extend his thinking, you will find that what he had uttered is quite different. He said that you are required to keep in mind that the moment of happiness is not permanent. If you are going through good phase in life, be prepared for bad phase. And, if you are going through unexpected events which are hurting you, remember this is the rule of the world. Nature loves symmetry. The night will be over and the Sun will rise again. There is nothing pessimism in it. In fact, I would say that Buddhism is quite a realistic religion.

Comments

You May Also Like Following Popular Posts

Popular posts from this blog

Top Five Corrupt Politicians of India

Qmee in Philippines. Join Now!

Nitish Kumar and Lalan Singh Relationship: Archana Episode